The amazing team of horses at Free SPIRIT Riders.
- MollyTherapeutic HorseMy specialty is working with small riders.
- Small Riders
I am the oldest horse at Free SPIRIT Riders having been born in 1989. My breed is Welsch/Hackney. I can also proudly say that I’ve been here for 15 years. Everyone else here are just a bunch of rookies! They say good things come in small packages and that describes me to a tee. My specialty is working with small riders. Some of them are ready to hop right on; but sometimes my riders will just groom me until they realize that there is nothing to be afraid of and they are ready to saddle up. Then there are some of my riders who just take me for walks in the arena. I’m a very patient pony. Also, being a white pony has advantages. It’s not unusual to see me painted every color of the rainbow because I’m patient enough to let my riders draw on me with colored chalk!
- JazmyneTherapeutic HorseI am comfortable around riders who have to bring their wheelchairs up the mounting ramp before getting on to ride. I also patiently stand still while they dismount and get back into their chairs.
Organized Chaos “Jazmyne”
What a name I was born with! It doesn’t fit me at all; well maybe a little. I have quite the bloodlines including Percheron, Quarter horse and Morgan. In 2014 I came to free SPIRIT Riders with a special talent. I am comfortable around riders who have to bring their wheelchairs up the mounting ramp before getting on to ride. I also patiently stand still while they dismount and get back into their chairs. I’m not a morning horse. I like to lay down in my stall and take a nap till my next class is scheduled. You know a lady must get her beauty rest!
- LadybirdTherapeutic HorseIf you could see my side, I actually have what looks like a map of North and South America on it!
- Smaller Riders
- Likes to Eat!
I am proud to be a POA, a Pony of the Americas! If you could see my side, I actually have what looks like a map of North and South America on it! Free SPIRIT Riders has has been my home since 2013. I love smaller riders and from what I hear the feeling is mutual. I have quite the roly-poly shape. But what can I say; I love grass!
- EbonyTherapeutic HorseI’m not a horse for a beginner rider as I like to move fast and am very sensitive to body language. Riders love my trot.
- Sensitive to Body Language
- A Trot to Love
Some of our riders have become very good equestrians and need a horse with get-up-and-go. That’s me! I’m a Quarter horse who came here in 2015. I’m not a horse for a beginner rider as I like to move fast and am very sensitive to body language. Riders love my trot. And no one can mistake which horse I am in the pasture with my black coat glistening in the sunlight.
- StarTherapeutic HorseMy personality is very easy going and I’m also used for riders who are nervous about riding. Once they’ve been on me; they don’t want to ride anyone else.
- Easy Going Personality
Hesa Fistfula Stars “Star”
Anyone who sees me knows how I got my name. I’m a Quarter horse with a star in the middle of my forehead. From the moment I got here in 2015 the riders loved me. My personality is very easy going and I’m also used for riders who are nervous about riding. Once they’ve been on me; they don’t want to ride anyone else.
- MochaTherapeutic HorseMy medium build makes me the perfect horse for riders who have outgrown the ponies but aren’t ready for some of my long legged friends.
- Proud Arabian!
- Lover of Carrots
I am proud to say that I am an Arabian! My owner donated me to Free SPIRIT Riders in 2011. She still comes to visit me once in a while and always brings carrots for me to share with my buddies. My medium build makes me the perfect horse for riders who have outgrown the ponies but aren’t ready for some of my long legged friends.
- Sugar BearTherapeutic HorseI am the only horse at the barn that has his picture on a trading card!
Sugar BearTherapeutic Horse
- Superhero --Check
- Eats Peppermint
I am the only horse at the barn that has his picture on a trading card! The Winnconne library system was looking for Superheroes and I got picked because I have a natural ability to help riders with balance issues. Because I am a Haflinger I can help a variety of different sized riders because I’m a sturdy built kind of guy! I came here in 2013. My owner knew about the great work we do here and she wanted me to be a part of it. In my spare time my hobby is eat, eat and eat some more. I especially like peppermint!
- JustinTherapeutic HorseI’m a very patient guy with my riders and they love running their fingers through my wavy mane.
- Walt Disney?
My name sake comes from the person who established the Morgan breed which is my breed. His name was Justin Morgan. Walt Disney even made a movie about our breed! Before coming to Free SPIRIT Riders in 2014 I was a packhorse. I’m a very patient guy with my riders and they love running their fingers through my wavy mane. When it’s time to go to the pasture the first thing I do when they take off my halter is kick up my heels and run as fast as I can!
- AchillesTherapeutic HorseMy riders think they are pretty cool when I strut my stuff!
- Impressive Trot
Who’s that handsome Belgian/Quarter horse with the flowing mane? Why it’s me, Achilles! 2015 brought me here and I’m glad to call Free SPIRIT Riders home. I am a muscular horse and when I trot it’s mighty impressive. My riders think they are pretty cool when I strut my stuff!
- KirbyTherapeutic HorseRiders know me as just an all around easy going guy.
- Easy Going
Generals Pistol “Kirby”
2013 brought me to Free SPIRIT Riders. I am an Appendix; part Quarter horse and part Thoroughbred. Riders know me as just an all around easy going guy. Many times I’m selected when a rider is nervous about being on a tall horse. They soon find out there are no worries when riding good old Kirby! People around the barn call me “Snorty” cause I do!
- DoriTherapeutic HorseAlthough I am quite big; my riders know me for my nice steady pace and easy disposition.
- Steady Pace
- Easy Disposition
Village Edge Andy’s Doreen “Dori”
I am a gentle black Percheron. Although I am quite big; my riders know me for my nice steady pace and easy disposition. In fact some say it’s like riding on a couch! Gotta say: I’m a barn favorite! I also came here in 2015 from the same stable as Achilles and Star and we are still pasture mates.
- TrooperTherapeutic HorseI love to give kisses; and who doesn’t love to be kissed by a once ugly duckling who is now a beautiful horse!
- Good Kisser
- Once Lost, Now Found
I’m so glad to be at Free SPIRIT Riders because no one wanted me anymore. In fact all that is really known about me is that I’m a pony; but these people saw something in me and just knew I would be a perfect fit in their therapy program. So in 2015 this became my new home. I plan to prove them right! To watch me trot is beauty in motion. I love to give kisses; and who doesn’t love to be kissed by a once ugly duckling who is now a beautiful horse!
- PatchesTherapeutic HorseI can pull a cart!
- Small Riders
- Cart Pulling
I am a miniature pony and also Molly’s stall mate. I came to Free SPIRIT Riders in 2013 from an Amish farm. My former owners called me Blackie. What kind of name is that for a cute black and white horse! I am also used for small riders and in addition I can pull a cart! Another special ability I have is that for someone is a wheelchair who can hold on to my lead rope and I will walk next to them just as nice as can be.
- RodyTherapeutic HorseWhen people first meet me their reaction is "that is one tall dude!"
- Part Giraffe
Rody James "Rody"
I am a Tennessee Walker. When people first meet me their reaction is "that is one tall dude!" So folks think I'm part giraffe... just kidding! I'm new to Free SPIRIT Riders this year and can't wait to make new friends. My riders will think they are pretty cool sitting "tall in the saddle" on me.
- GloryTherapeutic HorseI may be big, but my trot is a SMOOTHIE!
- Easygoing Personality
- Smooth Trot
I am a Percheron. My owner was looking for a special place for me and she found it in Free SPIRIT Riders. She felt I was a perfect fit for special needs riders. My easygoing personality will soon make me a barn favorite! I may be big, but my trot is a SMOOTHIE!